What Information Do We Collect About You and Why?
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of the Service.
Information We Collect Directly From You.
Your use of the Service and requires registration. The initial registration is limited to basic information such as your name, email address, a username and password you select, your gender and your date of birth. We also may collect information from you that you have voluntarily submitted, such as information that you or your Provider uploads as well as information generated by the Service. The following are other examples of personal information that MyGiHealth:
- information relating to your condition, such as GI symptom descriptions, frequency, type, and severity;
- information relating to your use of the Service (e.g., reminders, alerts, and permission settings) or Provider’s receipt of reminders and alerts and access to the Portal;
- information that you provide when responding to questionnaires and surveys;
- information about you when you contact the MyGiHealth Support Line or us (for example with a question about the Service) or if we contact you in connection with the Service
Information We Collect Automatically.
We may collect the following information about your use of the mobile app: mobile device ID; location and language information; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version; your activities within the mobile app; and the length of time that you are logged in through the mobile app. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your user name, name, and other personal information Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
MyGiHealth will use this information to:
- provide you with the Service (Consumer and Provider, respectively);
- enable the Service to contact you and Provider(s) with reminders and alerts in accordance with App functionality and Consumer’s settings;
- contact you with administrative/service related notices;
- investigate, and assist you with, any questions or complaints that you may have about the Service;
- carry out market research;
- to improve clinical care and contribute to medical science and literature;
- analyze use of the Service;
- analyze the performance of the Service;
- enhance the Service and to develop new products and services;
- contact you for feedback, opinions and suggestions related to the Service via email, surveys, telephone calls and other similar means. Your participation in such feedback activities is voluntary.
Disclosing Your Information
- to our service providers who are involved in providing the Service; these third parties are required not to use personal information other than to provide the services requested by MyGiHealth;
- we may share aggregate or de-identified information with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
- to researchers and through your participation in surveys, but we will not share personally identifiable information for survey and/or research purposes without your prior consent.
- in connection with any legal investigation or where MyGiHealth (or our service providers) are required to do so by law, regulation or legal proceedings or to respond to subpoenas or warrants.
- to protect or defend the rights or property of MyGiHealth (our Service Providers) or other users.
Enabling Providers to see Consumer Information
MyGiHealth protects the security and privacy of personal information (as described below). However, where you have been given a password, or where you have chosen a password, which enables your access to the App, each user is responsible for keeping their individual password secure and confidential. You should take all necessary steps to ensure the confidentiality of your passwords to avoid third parties gaining unauthorized access to your information. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, smartphone or tablet, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. It is also important that you and your Providers understand that reminders, alerts, and other information communicated from the Service via printed report, email, text, or other means may be viewed by anyone with access to the your or Provider’s mobile device. MyGiHealth accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage or harm arising as a result of your or Providers sharing or disclosing passwords to others. Please contact us immediately if you suspect that there has been any unauthorized access to your account within the App.
Third Party Websites
Choices regarding Your Information
You have the right to request a copy of personal information we have about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of that information, please contact MyGiHealth at the address below. There may be a nominal charge for this service but each you should be able to access most of the information via the App itself.
You may ask MyGiHealth to correct or remove information that is inaccurate by contacting us at the address below. When you login to the App, you can change certain of your details directly.
As described above, the App may send reminders and alerts via email, push notification, and/or SMS in accordance with your settings and the App version. You may change your reminders and alerts settings to stop these reminders and alerts.
Children Under 13
The Service is not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
Where MyGiHealth stores and processes Your Information
Because MyGiHealth has users in different countries, it is important for you to understand that your personal information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of your information may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
Retention of Your Information
MyGiHealth will keep your information for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or to the extent permitted or required by law. If your access to the Service and App is terminated, personally identifiable information about your use of the Service and App will not be available to you.
MyGiHealth is committed to protecting the security of personal information we hold. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while MyGiHealth uses reasonable efforts to protect personal information concerning you, MyGiHealth cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Special Information for California Consumers
California residents may request a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information about you for their own direct marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
Contacting us about Your Information
Please contact MyGiHealth Customer Support if you have any questions about the information that we hold about you:
MyGiHealth Contact Information:
Helpdesk Email: email@example.com